Bicycle insurance: why it is so important
1. The bike owner should go on the tracks particularly devoted to bikes, if they’re current, avoiding the sidewalks. In any other case, it could use the roadway.
2. It’s obligatory to proceed in a single file (Article 183 paragraph 1), without giving in to the temptation to speak, pedaling aspect by aspect. The one exception to this rule applies to youngsters beneath the age of 10 who can proceed to the appropriate of the accompanying grownup.
3. Anybody touring by bicycle at sundown or dawn outdoors built-up areas or by way of tunnels is required to put on a reflective jacket or suspenders (artwork.182, 9 / bis) along with the usage of the traditional energetic warning lights (white in entrance and crimson on the again) and reflective strips on the pedals and spokes. Making your self seen to others is among the first guidelines widespread sense, in addition to the foundations of the highway, to keep away from accidents.
4. The bike owner can’t tow or be towed by different automobiles. Particularly for the transport of masses, the freeway code supplies particular guidelines that are indicated in articles 164 and 170. Amongst these guidelines, the allow moving small animals is clarified however provided that insured within the applicable cages.
5. A rule of elementary significance and infrequently uncared for considerations absolutely the obligation, even for bicycles, to observe the path of journey of the roadway. In different phrases, it’s completely forbidden to journey within the incorrect path.
6. Youngsters will be transported (as much as most of two) so long as they use the suitably licensed seats and place the smallest ones (as much as 15 kg) within the entrance, between the handlebar and the driving force, whereas the older ones (as much as eight years of age) utilizing a typical assist mounted on the again. From Eight years onwards they must use their very own bicycle.
7. As with every different car, too on a bicycle it’s completely forbidden to make use of a cell phone. Utilizing headphones is allowed.
8. One other crucial and infrequently ignored rule considerations the usage of pedestrian crossings for crossings which must be completed with excessive warning and in any case driving the bicycle by hand, particularly within the case of extensive or fast-flowing roads (Article 377, paragraph 2).
9. The change of path should at all times be signaled by protruding the arm. Naturally, the freeway code prevents harmful driving, with sudden reversals, zig-zag actions, or another conduct that could be a hazard or hindrance to different automobiles.
10. It’s the responsibility of the bike owner-driver to make it possible for the bicycle is in a good situation earlier than beginning the journey. It’s your accountability to examine the operation of the brakes and warning lights, the bell (which should be fitted) in addition to the great situation of the tires.
Good (unwritten) biking guidelines: widespread sense past authorized obligations
Till now the freeway code doesn’t present the usage of helmet for cyclists, nor the rearview mirror nor the obligation to take out insurance coverage that protects oneself and others within the occasion of accidents however every one of us is aware of – in good conscience – how vital it’s to have private safety obtainable that may intervene decisively within the occasion of an unintentional occasion.
It’s not obligatory, it’s true, however already at this time lots of those that use the bike within the metropolis normally put on a protecting helmet as a result of they understand how vital it may be and the way a lot it could contribute to saving lives, even within the case of a trivial fall. . In affirmation of this, it should be mentioned that in half of Europe the helmet is already offered as a compulsory guard by the freeway code, at the very least for youngsters as much as 14 years.
The identical is true for a type of insurance coverage that protects in case of accidents and that it could cowl medical bills or any intervals of convalescence.
Past the protections deriving from third events (gear or insurance coverage firms) the primary rule of widespread sense is that each bike owner ought to consider is a warning: respecting the foundations shouldn’t be sufficient, we should at all times hold the bar of consideration excessive, not perform dangerous maneuvers and chorus from “heroic deeds” that present, too usually, solely how weak and fragile our physique is.
Should you like biking, make it possible for that is at all times a pleasure for you and your loved ones and benefit from the recent wind in your face, without worries.
Have an excellent journey!